Today we announce the first technical preview of SlateKit Base for Nexus 7 (2013), the platform-specific port, alone with other UI components like SlateKit Shell, LockScreen and Keyboard.
- Nexus 7 “razor”  (WiFi)
- Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
- rooted and adb shell access
- Download the image: slatekit-flo-0423.zip (146.7 MB)
- Unzip files to /data, make sure busybox has executable permission
- Start the UI by:
SlateKit Base essentially consists:
- a minimal Ubuntu root filesystem (Trusty/armhf)
- Qt 5.2.1 and Oxide 1.0 (Chromium content API wrapper)
- libhybris for hardware accelerated graphics
- hwcomposer QPA from Mer project
Theoretically this rootfs works for all Android 4.4 system with HW composer 1.1/1.2, so I'll try to enable it on other SoC and make an installer.