Download: xpud-0.9.1.iso (56MB)
A new development version of xPUD is just released, includes bug fixes, provides better performance and has a new system architecture. Some of the features are still working in progress, so please always refer to the forum and ftp for updates.
- AutoHide for firefox and mplayer in FullScreen mode
- Mouse wheel scrolling support for Xvesa
- Web-based file browsering tab (experimental)
- Kiosk mode, add
url=http://www.google.comboot option to enable:
- Kernel 184.108.40.206 with aufs2 patch, firefox 3.5.3
- Add 5 more languages support: Finnish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish:
- Hybrid ISO/IMG format, so you can not only burn the image or install with UNetbootin, but also use lots of methods to run xPUD
- Built-in flash player 10 support, yeah, we have the Adobe re-distribute license
- What if you DON'T need media player nor flash player, just want a browser? of course! Press tab at the boot menu, and delete the
initrd=...option, xPUD will boot into a core image (42MB):
- So the minimum system requirements is now cutting down to 192MB of RAM and 42MB of free disk
- From this release the rootfs is now composed by Squashfs (
/opt/rootfs.sqf) and two Aufs branches (
/cow), which means,
- we can easily add opt plugins! Try codecs.opt or driver.opt with:
And we'll enable the web-based Opt-Get app store soon!
bash-3.2# opt-get Download/codecs.opt
- Using Aufs also means easily backup/restore of user profile, check the
packcpioscript, we'll integrate it into Plate UI, too
- If you're interested in new architecture, please read this post and this forum thread
This version enabled the "Switch Mode" function by default, if you put proper
menu.lstfile on the disk with other OSes installed, xPUD can quickly jump into that OS, bypassing the reboot, BIOS, bootloader process, if no it will leave you a grub prompt. Watch the demo video:
Apt-Get support (experimental)Yeah, why not? :-) We don't have dpkg info yet, so currently only 3rd party repo supported.
AcknowledgementGreatly thanks to Vaidotas Kazla "joshas" for being hyper productive core developer, and special thanks to "mazdac" for Polish, David Eurenius for Swedish, Kai Vilmi for Finnish, Slava Voronzoff, Sergey Mangushev for Russian, Alessandro Arrichiello for Italian and Tristan Velter for French translation updates.
- Project Website - http://www.xpud.org
- IRC Channel - Join our channel at #xpud on irc.freenode.net
- Developer Forum - http://groups.google.com/group/pud-linux
- Bug Tracker - http://code.google.com/p/xpud/issues/list
- Source Code - http://github.com/penk/mkxpud
Ping-Hsun Chen (penk) <firstname.lastname@example.org>