Download: xpud-0.9.iso (51MB)
We're proud to announce a new version of xPUD, a small and fast Linux with easy-to-use user interface, is now released. Version 0.9 is full of improvements and exciting new features.
Built-in Support for NetbooksWe have successfully tested on Asus EeePC, Acer AspireOne, MSI Wind, Lenovo Ideapad, Dell Mini and more.
xPUD also runs on virtual machine including VirtualBox, VMware and QEMU.
Your hardwares are not working out-of-box? No worries! You can always get more hardware support by installing drivers.
Plate UI comes with Chinese (both Traditional/Simplified), English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish translations. Also mainly keyboard maps are included.
Not in your language? Feel free to send me a patch on translation file!
Plate UI for Mobile DevicePlate now has SystemTray that display time, network, battery and memory, also applications can be opened in FullscreenMode.
And now you can have PopupDialog. Wifi/Ethernet network manager are greatly improved. Most features really works!
LiveUSB, Windows Installer and MoreWe're now officially supported by UNetbootin, and from this version xPUD can be built as NSIS installer, install on Windows XP/Vista (just like Presto).
The modulize system, Opt-Get is also improved. You can now build Opt directly from the build system, and there's a developing branch called Core, which is a minimal mode xPUD weighing under 35MB!
- Project Website - http://www.xpud.org
- IRC Channel - Join our channel at #xpud on irc.freenode.net
- Developer Forum - http://groups.google.com/group/pud-linux
- Bug Tracker - http://code.google.com/p/xpud/issues/list
- Source Code - http://github.com/penk/mkxpud
- @penk on Twitter
- blog of penk
AcknowledgementSpecial thanks to these folks (not sorted):
- Vaidotas Kazla "joshas" for lots of awesome commits
- Jose Antonio sánchez vázquez "jasvazquez" for i18n structure
- Andreas Städler and Simon Peter "probono" for German translation
- probono for lots of improvements and ideas
- Bruno Luiz for Portuguese translation
- Keiji Oba for Japanese translation
- Angus Frinc for French translation
- Junhao Zhang for Simplified Chinese translation
- Sergio Oller "zeehio" for Spanish translation
- Paul Rouget on Mozilla suggestion and example plugin
Ping-Hsun Chen (penk) <email@example.com>